Palm Desert last minute deals on vacation homes will be highlighted in red if available
. Start your accommodation search in Palm Desert now. Just enter your travel dates, number of travelers, and click 'search' for a list of properties for rent.
Upcoming Events, Articles, and News at Palm Desert
Top 10 Things to do in Palm Desert
No matter how many times you’ve been here, no trip to Palm Desert is complete without enjoying at least a few of these all-time favorite activities.
1.Shop ‘til you Drop. Enjoy an amazing selection of retailers during your Palm Desert vacation, from cute-as-can-be boutiques to coveted designer labels. Best of all, Palm Desert shopping lets you relax and stroll in the sunshine.
2. Experience The Living Desert. Filled with desert wildlife and unique flora and fauna, The Living Desert is simply a must-see for children and adults alike.
3. Take in a Show. For an evening of live entertainment, head to the McCallum Theatre for the Performing Arts, Palm Desert’s own state-of-the-art performance facility that houses musicals, concerts, dance, opera, orchestra and more.
4. Relax Poolside. Grab a girlfriend, a magazine, a cool drink or just your sunscreen and head out to the pool! With warm sunshine all year round and plenty of resorts and hotels offering poolside fun, the water’s always great.
5. Get Artsy. Explore the artistic side of Palm Desert with a visit to a gallery, an art walk, or a public art tour. From fine art to architecture, public sculptures and more, there’s no shortage of artistic attractions.
6. Enjoy El Paseo. From window shopping and a cup of coffee, to a full day of fashion and food, El Paseo is the ideal place to enjoy fine retail stores, restaurants, galleries and more.
7. Check out the View. Climb one of the dozens of hiking trails in the Palm Desert area for a spectacular view of the Coachella Valley and the surrounding mountains.
8. Play a Round. Head over to the award-winning Desert Willow Golf Resort, where you can choose between two beautiful championship courses.
9. Find the Perfect Park. Grab some friends for a game of disc golf. Or just pack a picnic basket for an afternoon under a shady tree. At Palm Desert’s parks, there’s plenty to do – even if you do nothing at all.
10. Savor the Flavor. After enjoying all these fun activities, you’re going to be hungry – and there’s no better place to grab a bite than in Palm Desert. Palm Desert restaurants feature innovative and exciting cuisine, as well as plenty of options for al fresco dining.
Palm Desert Annual Events & Festivals
Palm Springs International Film Festival (January) - Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival in January. Film festival events include the Black Tie Awards Gala, Student Screening Days and more.
HITS Thermal Desert Cities Horse Show (January - March) - The HITS Desert Circuit is an eight-week hunter/jumper horse show running from end of January to mid March. The Desert Circuit is a mainstay of West Coast competition for the past 20+ years.
Tour de Palm Springs (February) - Enjoy the sunshine, live music, food and fun with thousands of bike riders for a charitable cause.
Palm Springs Modernism Week (February) - Over 80 premier national and international decorative and fine arts dealers will present designs of the 20th Century movement.
Frank Sinatra Celebrity Invitational (February) - enjoys a rich history as one of the marquee golf and fundraising events in the Palm Springs, California desert. Each year, celebrities, amateur contestants, loyal sponsors and enthusiastic spectators from all over the country look forward to returning to this unique “celebrity friendly” event.
BNP Paribas Open Tennis Tournament (March) – The BNP Paribas Open is the fifth most attended tournament next to the Grand Slam tournaments and is one of the few major tennis events combining both men and women athletes.
Fashion Week El Paseo (March) - Showcasing the newest collections by top designers as well as fresh ideas by emerging designers — the Palm Springs Life-produced Fashion Week El Paseo™ is one of the desert's most popular events.
Idyllwild Jazz Festival (August) – Jazz in the Pines supports excellence with talented artists and is a fundraiser for the Idyllwild Arts Academy & Summer Program.
Palm Desert Golf Cart Parade (October) - Experience the spectacular color, pageantry and fun as scores of whimsically decorated golf carts and bands march down Palm Desert's famous shop-'til-you-drop El Paseo, in the first major event of the season.
Wild Lights at the Living Desert, Palm Springs (November - December) - With over 750,000 twinkling lights illuminating the park after dark, this annual event turns the desert into a holiday wonderland. Come join us for "Holidays Around the World" featuring new light displays, international food and beverage offerings, Camel and Carousel Rides, Holiday Entertainment, Wildlife Wonder Shows, and much, much more!
Indio Pow Wow (November) - Annual Indio Powwow takes place at the Cabazon Indian Reservation in the Special Events Center located in Indio, California.
Choreography Festival, Palm Desert (November) - This one-of-a-kind festival features two days of events, including a choreography competition, opportunities to learn more about dancing through specially designed workshops, residencies and awards for outstanding individuals in the dance community.
Indio International Tamale Festival (December) – It all started in 1992, and the rich heritage of the tamale and continued community support has created the Festival’s tremendous success. The Food Network-TV ranked the Indio International Tamale Festival in the top 10 “All American Food Festivals” in the nation!