Public parking available but is not dedicated to this property.
10 Off Site parking stalls with clearance
The internet connection is a service dedicated to the property (cable connection from modem).
|Double Bed||Dresser||2 Antique Chairs
|2 Table Lamps||
|Regular Stall Shower||Sink||Toilet
|Towels (matching)||Foot Stool||
with Kitchen and Dining combined
|Armoire||2 Arm Chairs||6 Dining Chairs
|Log Fireplace || Sofa/Couch||Dining Table
|End Table||Bookcase||Floor Lamp
|2 Table Lamps||Small Fridge with no Freezer||Microwave
|2 Range Tops||Bakeware||Dishes, Glasses & Cutlery (matching)
|Drying Rack||Espresso Maker||Pots & Pans
|Regular Stall Shower||Toilet||Iron & Ironing Board
|Washer Only||Clothes Drying Rack||Laundry Sink
|2 Single Beds||2 Floor Lamps||
Property is NOT waterfront or within 30 minute drive of a lake, ocean or river.
The nearest beach location is at Marinella very close to the public pleasure boat docks at the mouth of the Magra River near to Sarzana. From this location for miles to the south are a series of beach resorts offering a wide variety of beach accommodations, i.e. Massa & Cararra Maritima, Forte dei Marmi, Pietrasanta Maritima, Torre del Lago, etc. Whereas to the west after la Spezia is Porto Venere where there are ferries to Le Cinque Terre. Also, there is a convenient train service from the Aulla station to several villages of Le Cinque Terre.
No results found within a 50 kilometer radius
Retrieving nearby properties...please wait...
Base Occupants 4 - Max Occupants 5
Last updated on March 25, 2016
Rates last updated on December 31, 2015
||Nightly Rate Range
||Additional Occupants Per Night
|Jan 1 to Dec 31
||Rate for 7 Nights
|Jan 1 to Dec 31
All Owner Direct guest reviews posted are verified and confirmed individually by Owner Direct Vacation Rentals staff.
This property has no reviews yet.
- This property owner/manager has been registered with Owner Direct since Dec 14, 2011.
- This owner / manager has completed 2 successful bookings in total for all their properties through Owner Direct.com
- The availability for this property was last updated on May 17, 2016
- The rates for this property were last updated on Dec 31, 2015
- This owner's contact information has been verified by Owner Direct and past guests.
OwnerDirect.com - Superior Full Service
- You're never alone with Owner Direct. Friendly service coast to coast available every day of the year.
- You immediately know the price for your requested dates/occupants.
- More photos (with descriptive captions) per property.
- Extensive information is provided for every property, always in the same format, to save you time
- We answer all of your questions quickly with our very comprehensive site and responsive customer service.
- We offer a 24 hr grace period for both parties to communicate and confirm all details of a booking.
Web Directories - Our Competitors
- A lot of your time is wasted filling out forms and waiting for replies from multiple vacation rental owners. Many busy owners never reply.
- The price shown always changes, you have to calculate it yourself and often changes once you communicate with the owner.
- Most owners do not take the time to provide complete information on listings, so you waste time having to ask questions and wait for responses.
- In a nutshell, "Web Directories" are cumbersome and time consuming, and if you have a problem, you are on your own.
L'appartamento from the Garden...
Living Area & Sleeping Loft...
Dining & Kitchen Area...
The Master Bedroom...
Master Bedroom to the Bathroom...
Terrace... Off the Master Bedroom...
Views from the Terrace...
The Medieval Bridge of Codiponte...
Entering the Village...
The Ramps up to the Archway and Entrance...
The Passageway to the Courtyard...
Continue up the Grassy Ramp past the Small Stone Building...
Above the Courtyard...
The Front Door of L'appartamento...
The apartment is the original living quarters for Property 205708, an 800 year old the Tuscan farm-house in the Medieval village of Codiponte. It is the top most part of the old farm complex, while the original hay barns, animal stalls & wine-making cellars were on the floors below.
The farm-house has recently been entirely reconstructed. The apartment has been transformed into a comfortable open space with a Living/Dining Area with a basic service Kitchen and an enclosed fireplace. Down a short hall is the Master Bedroom and the Bathroom. Off the bedroom is a Terrace with lovely views of the village and the olive & chestnut groves on the surrounding hills beyond. The interiors are painted in a soft-blue and are decorated with an eclectic mix of antiques, flea-market finds and the new, whether in the furniture, furnishings or artwork. And, out the Front Door to the apartment there is 2,000 square meters of terraced garden to enjoy. There's even a fish pond.
Codiponte has over 300 year-round inhabitants with two convenience stores for basic food & household items, a bar & tabaccheria, the social centre of the village, and other shops for clothing & household goods. Gragnola, the town below Codiponte, has a grocery-store, shops, post-office and the station for train service to Aulla & Lucca. Casola in Lunigiana, the town above, has a bank, shops and the Carabinieri station. The nearest hospital is in Fivizzano, a 20 minute drive away.
The village is situated in the part of the Lunigiana at the feet of the Apuane Mountains, peaks much revered by ancient peoples of the region and by the Romans. The area is still one of small stone villages many with their own castles, surrounded by unspoiled mountain country-side. Yet, Codiponte is only a 40 minute car drive from the beaches along the Mediterranean Sea coast and the Italian Riviera, such as Le Cinque Terra. Parma, Pisa and its airport, and Lucca are easily reached in little more than an hour's drive. Too. Florence & Genoa can be seen on easy day trips too.
So, come & give it a try!