Terms and Conditions
By booking a reservation with the Property Manager, you are stating that you have fully read, understand, and agree to the rental policies listed herein.
This constitutes a written rental agreement between RENTER (also referred to as “Guest”) and the Property Manager.
* Our prices and fees are quoted in U.S. dollars and will be charged either in US$ or in Costa Rican Colones at the exchange rate on the transaction date.
* Rates are subject to change without notice until confirmed.
* Rates will be quoted with applicable taxes (currently 13.00% sales tax) at the time of booking. If tax legislation changes prior to check-in, the rates will be increased accordingly and RENTER will have to pay the difference, even if the reservation has been fully paid in advance.
* A reservation fee (currently 2% of the rent rate) will be added to all reservation quotes.
* Unless specified otherwise, check-out (final) or weekly cleaning is included, and, where noted, daily cleaning is included. Additional cleaning can be arranged for a small hourly fee.
* All reservations must be made by an adult over the age of 21. A minimum of one person over the age of 21 for every two persons staying in the property is required. Reservations made under a false pretense will be subject to eviction without refund and/or forfeiture of advance payment/ and reservation fees.
* When you confirm a reservation, a property will be assigned. However, should the property become unrentable or unavailable due to unforeseen events, acts of God, or the sale of the rental property, the Property Manager reserves the right to substitute comparable accommodations without liability. Upon notification of change, you will be given the opportunity to cancel with no penalty should the new arrangements not be acceptable. In these rare instances we will notify you as soon as possible of the change. You will be offered the current rate for the new property. After such acceptance, the normal cancellation policy will once again apply.
* Upon payment of the rents due by RENTER and RENTER’S performance of his obligations under this Agreement, RENTER shall have use of the premises designated in this Agreement during the term of the Agreement.
* We are very serious about maintaining a respectful atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of all our guests. We will rent to family groups and responsible adults only.
* The total number of persons allowed in the property at any time is restricted to the stated occupancy limit for each property. Eviction without refund is the penalty for exceeding such limit.
* The Property Manager reserves the right to refuse entry or to expel persons not named as members of RENTER’S party.
* No children will be allowed to check-in without their parents.
* No minor’s sexual abuse or presence of illegal substances will be tolerated on the property. Eviction without refund and the corresponding report to authorities will follow immediately.
* No parties, weddings or gatherings are allowed without prior written permission from the Property Manager.
* Occupancy of common areas shall be quiet and peaceful so as not to disturb others. Eviction without refund is the penalty for causing disturbances.
* RENTER agrees to provide the amount specified in the rental agreement as a Security Deposit in cash or through a credit card authorization (a hold, not a charge) upon check in, or prior to check in if arriving after hours (see office hours below).
* The premises will be examined by RENTER prior to occupancy and will be received in good condition.
* For a full refund of the security deposit RENTER should observe the following conditions:
* Maintain the premises in the same condition as when received and not allow any waste, misuse or neglect.
* No damage is done to unit or its contents beyond normal wear and tear. Stains on rugs, furniture fabrics, towels and linens are considered damages and extraordinary laundering charges may apply and/or a charge equal to a full replacement cost if such stains cannot be removed (oils, hair dyes, red clay, coconut skin, etc.).
* No missing items are identified while completing the unit's inventory checklist. You will be given an inventory list at check-in.
* We provide departure cleaning for you. All we ask is that you please leave the property reasonably clean. Those units left in an abnormally dirty manner are subject to deductions for a deep cleaning. Examples: garbage outside of receptacles, including cigarette butts and chewing gum, large quantities of sand and/or dirt on floors and interior showers.
* All food is scraped from dirty dishes and kitchen utensils and/or placed in the dishwasher.
* All debris and/ or garbage is removed from the unit and placed in bags in the proper receptacles.
* All windows and doors are closed and locked.
* All keys, remote controls, parking passes, and gate cards are returned to the rental office. Losing keys forces us to change lock combinations, which is expensive. There will be a $100 non-negotiable fee for each item that is not properly returned upon departure or lock that needs a new combination.
* No charges are incurred due to the collection of rent or services rendered during your stay or to the enforcement of the terms of this Lease.
* All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
* The Property Manager will inspect the property after it has been vacated. However, no guarantees are made that we will complete the inspection by the time the renter leaves town. Upon satisfactory inspection of the property, Security Deposits will be refunded promptly after the check out date (up to 3 business days). Should the Property Manager need to deduct any charges it will do so at the replacement value and/or actual cost of the repair, plus an administrative fee of up to 20%. Any and all remaining balances after charges on the Security Deposit will be refunded to the RENTER within 14 business days. When in cash, RENTER will assume the financial institutions’ charges to wire money nationally or internationally.
* Should the Security Deposit not be sufficient to cover all repair and/or replacement required to bring the property back to the condition it was in at the check-in time, the RENTER agrees to reimburse the Property Manager with full payment within 10 days of departure.
* Check-in is 3:00 P.M. Check-out is 11:00 A.M.
* Please be respectful of these times as cleaning / maintenance crews are required to follow strict scheduling.
* Failure to vacate the rental property on time will incur in one additional night charge.
* Early check-ins and late check-outs may be arranged depending upon availability, but under no circumstance will be guaranteed. If granted, a late check-out will be charged as follows:
- Up to 12:00 pm: no extra charge.
- Up to 2:00 pm: 25% of the current daily rate.
- Up to 4:00 pm: 50% of the current daily rate.
- Later than 4:00 pm: 100% of the current daily rate.
* During periods of high demand, there is a possibility that a unit will not be ready at 3:00 PM. We greatly appreciate your patience as we are working hard to ensure your property is properly cleaned and meets our quality standards. We ask for your patience, and suggest that you have alternate plans between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
* Please check in at the BEACH HOME COSTA RICA office, not the rental property. In most cases, someone from our staff will escort you to the property and introduce you to it. If you are arriving after hours (see below), please contact our office for instructions. We would leave the keys in our lockbox located halfway up the stairs to our office front door.
* Please return all keys, plus any parking permits and/or pool keys/passes to the BEACH HOME COSTA RICA office by 11:00 a.m. DO NOT LEAVE KEYS AT THE PROPERTY. All guests and belongings must be out of the property when the keys are returned to our office.
OFFICE HOURS (these may change so please check with us first):
* Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
* Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
* Sunday Closed
* You are renting a privately owned home or condo. Please do not rearrange the furniture, take any items outside that are part of the interior décor, or move any furnishings or kitchen items to another property. You will be charged if the housekeepers have to rearrange the furniture or relocate items after your stay.
* Please refer to each property’s description webpage for the full list of amenities included in it.
* Unless specified in the property’s amenities, you will be given a limited supply of bath towels and washcloths (2 sets per registered guest), and 1 beach/pool towel per person. 2 sets of bed linens are provided.
* You will be given a limited supply of personal soap, laundry detergent, garbage bags, toilet paper, tissue and paper towels. Should you need more, you may buy these at the local grocery store.
* Large objects such as surf boards and bicycles are not allowed inside the living areas of the property unless permission is granted from the Property Manager. Some units have specific storage areas for these items. Please check with our rental agent.
* Rental units will be cleaned to excellent quality standards prior to your arrival as well as after your departure.
* Unless specified in the property’s amenities, rental rates do not include daily maid service or a change of linens/towels. When included, daily maid service refers to bedrooms, bathrooms and floor cleaning, but not kitchen cleaning or personal laundry.
* All cleaning services not included can be set up for a small hourly fee. Please ask our rental agent.
* The property owners and management work hard to ensure that your vacation home is in the best condition that it can be. If you should discover otherwise, please report it to us immediately and we will correct it as quickly as possible.
* Please do not wait until you are checking-out to let us know about problems, as we no longer have the opportunity to rectify the situation. At times we must wait for parts or service. Please bear with us during these times.
* Management will be available to handle questions, complaints and supervise maintenance. In case of a maintenance problem, management will strive to have the problem repaired as soon as possible after being notified.
* Should the property become untenable due to unforeseen events or acts of God, the Property Manager reserves the right void this agreement or to substitute comparable accommodations without liability. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for failures outside of our control such as, but not limited to, the supply of electricity, water, telephone, television, internet or cable service, or other circumstances such as noisy neighbors and weather.
* The Agent and/or an authorized employee or repairman may enter the premises during normal business hours for any purpose pertaining to repair, care, and management of the premises. We will try to notify you, if at all possible, in as far advance as is possible of any entry.
* AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES: There is an agent on-call 24 hours a day for EMERGENCIES. Non-emergencies will be noted and handled the following day during office hours.
If you lock yourself out of your vacation home after office hours, you will need to call a locksmith. You will be responsible for paying any applicable fees directly to the vendor at the time they come out. If you lock yourself out of your property during office hours, of course we will be happy to help you ourselves, though there may be a small service charge depending on the location.
* Some properties may have limited parking availability. Please check with our rental agent ahead of time to discuss other parking options.
* Some condominiums prohibit boats, trailers, jet-skis, motor homes, and buses. If traveling with any of these, please check with our rental agent ahead of time to discuss other parking options.
LONG DISTANCE CALLS:
There is a long distance block on all rental unit phones, both for outgoing and incoming calls. You will need a long distance calling card (such as ATT, MCI or Sprint) or prepaid local calling card (available at local retail stores) to make a long distance call from the property. Local calls and local 800 calls are free (not USA 800 calls).
* No pets are allowed in rental units unless authorized in writing by the Property Manager. Violation of the No Pet policy will result in immediate eviction without refund. Your security deposit will also be forfeited and you will be charged additional for carpet cleaning and a flea spray treatment if any evidence of a pet(s) is found in your unit.
* For those units that do allow pets, a pet fee will be charged and a larger security deposit may be required. This pet fee gives you the right to have your pet stay at the said unit, on the ground or carried on arms. Pets cannot be let loose on furniture or linens. The pet fee does not cover against damages, excessive dirtiness, loose hairs or strong odors caused by your pet. In these cases, an extraordinary cleaning fee, or repair/replacement cost will apply and will be deducted from the security deposit.
* Absolutely no smoking is allowed inside rental units. If you do smoke (in single house properties only), please be sure to smoke outside (without allowing smoke to enter property) and dispose of all cigarette butts safely in an ashtray (not in gardens or plant pots).
* Smoking is not allowed in any community common areas such as corridors, lobbies, parking and pools.
* Violation of the No Smoking policy will result in immediate eviction without refund and forfeiture of security
* Guests are responsible for the property, its contents, and themselves during occupancy. Guests must lock windows and doors securely at all times. A safe box is provided in most properties; please use it to leave passports, cash and other valuables. In Costa Rica, you are allowed to carry only a copy of your passport (information page and stamp page) so be sure to make copies before you leave.
* RENTER named in this agreement will be responsible for ensuring that both themselves and all guests, whether they are registered in the rental unit or not, adhere to the policies in this agreement and to the rules and regulations affecting the building and/or community that you are staying in.
* RENTER acknowledges that management, property owners, and employees do not carry personal liability insurance and cannot be held responsible regardless of fault, for any accident, loss, damage or injury suffered by the RENTER, members of their party or any other guests which the renter or their party have allowed access to the property, regardless if said loss is a result directly or indirectly from acts of God, danger incident to the sea, any body of water, fire, breakdown of machinery, equipment, acts of government or other authorities, delays or cancellations of or changes in itineraries or schedule or from acts of omission of any airline.
* Furthermore, RENTER will release and hold harmless any and all parties involved with the rental, management, and reservations of the property and to release and hold harmless its owners or representatives for any loss or damage to personal property or for any injury and/or death.
* Neither management, nor the owner will be held responsible for:
- Acts of theft or vandalism or other damages to the guest’s personal items left in the property.
- Personal items left on the premises by guest upon departure. A $20 service charge plus shipping costs is required if you request the agent to pick up and mail the items back to you. Any items otherwise unclaimed will be considered abandoned after seven (7) days from your departure.
* The renter acknowledges that units may not be sublet.
All accommodations are governed by appropriate Costa Rica Laws and also Rules and Regulations that are applicable to said premises. These Rules and Regulations, where applicable, will be enclosed in your arrival packet along with any required parking permits and/or pool keys/passes for the condominium complexes, so be sure to go through them thoroughly.
The parties agree to abide by Costa Rican law. Any conflict, dispute or disagreement, arising as a result of the interpretation, execution, breach, termination or liquidation of this Agreement, is to be settled through arbitration under the Center for Conflict Resolution of the Costa Rican American Chamber of Commerce in San José, Costa Rica, with unconditional submission to its norms and regulations as applicable at the moment of the conflict.
Upon violation of the terms of this agreement, the Property Manager may terminate this agreement and enter said premises. Upon notice of termination, RENTER shall vacate the premises IMMEDIATELY.
All funds received by the Property Manager may be placed in an interest bearing account on which the interest shall accrue to the benefit of the Property Manager.
Thank you for vacationing with us!