Guest agrees to comply with the policies set forth within this agreement:
1. Deposit. Agent collects a security deposit for longer rentals of one month or more, or by mutual agreement for shorter rentals. The deposit is used to cover charges incurred as a result of damage beyond normal wear and tear, or any extra cleaning that may be required. The remaining balance of the deposit will be returned within 21 days of the Guest vacating the property. In lieu of a standard security deposit, Guest’s who select the Security Deposit Protection plan agrees to pay a damage waiver fee of $79.00 per unit. This plan protects you from accidental damage or a theft within the unit up to $3,000. You must notify the Property Manager of any damage or theft to the unit during your occupancy. Purchasing the plan in lieu of a Security Deposit does not negate your responsibility as a tenant. This payment may be made by the credit card on file or by other legal means of collection. All units are carefully inspected after each rental. Please refer to the enclosed plan information detailing terms, conditions and responsibilities of the tenant.
2. Cancellation. In the event a reservation must be cancelled, the following restrictions apply:
(a) If written notice is received 60 Days prior to arrival, payments of rents will be refunded less the $150 reservation fee. (b) If cancellation occurs within 60 Days of arrival, any refund is subject to Property Manager's ability to re-rent the unit. (See CSA Travel insurance option)
3. Vacation Rental Insurance. CSA Vacation Rental Insurance can be included with your reservation and will be a part of your initial deposit payment if selected. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. However, if you do not wish to purchase travel insurance, you acknowledge you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance.
4. Security Deposit Protection. Guest who select the Security Deposit Protection agrees to pay a damage waiver fee of $79.00 per unit. This fee covers up to $3,000 of accidental or unintentional physical damage caused by Guest. In the event damage to the unit exceeds the $3,000 maximum, Guest agrees to compensate Agent for this damage. This coverage does not cover acts of God, intentional acts of a Guest, gross negligence or willful conduct, any cause if the Guest does not report the damage to Agent by the time they check out of the unit, normal wear and tear, damage or loss caused by a pet or other animal brought to the premises by Guest. The waiver applies only to the direct physical loss or damage to covered property and it does not cover loss of use of such property. Loss or damage to any property owned by or brought to the premises by a Guest is not covered. Long distance phone calls & excessive cleaning is not covered.
5. Unit Size. The premises are leased for use only as a residence for not more than 2 persons per bedroom plus 2 persons per convertible sofa, if any.
6. Arrival & Departure. Guest agrees to check into unit no sooner than 3:00 p.m. on the date scheduled for the commencement of the lease, and check out of unit no later than 11:00 a.m. on the date scheduled for the termination of the lease. Prior arrangements MUST be made with the Agent if Guest intends to arrive after hours. A fee of $150 will be charged for each key, garage door opener and/or plastic gate pass not returned to the leasing Agent.
7. Policies. All Guest agree to comply with the following: (1) Furniture should not be moved from original positions. (2) Follow all rules proscribed by any governing homeowners association. (3) Do not enter locked closets. (4) Comply with all instructions for the operations of blinds or drapes. (5) All gas supplied to fireplace or barbecue should be off when not in use. (6) Heating and air conditioning units should be off at completion of the tenancy. (7) Vacate unit within required time period at completion of tenancy. (8) Maintain security by locking all doors, sliders, windows and garage doors. (9) Please avoid sitting on bedding or furniture with wet swimming suits or suntan oil. (10) Golf cars stored on the premises are not for the use of Guest. (11) Any servicing requirements must be directed through the Agent and not outside parties. (12) No animals or pets shall be kept on or about premises unless authorized with Agent prior to arrival.
8. Hold Over. If Guest remains in possession of the premises after the expiration of the tenancy, such possession shall be deemed to be a day-to-day tenancy at the then current daily rate. In the event Guest is late checking out, a minimum charge of 50% of the hold over rate will be charged to Guest.
9. Damages. Guest understands that he/she shall be liable for any loss or damages to the premises caused by Guest during their tenancy. Please notify Agent immediately if anything breaks or is damaged during your stay. The premises are inspected after each Guest departs. It shall be Guest’s responsibility to contact the Agent upon arrival to report any existing damage to the premises. Damages discovered after Guest’s departure will be presumed to be the liability of Guest.
10. Telephone Charges. Tenant shall pay all long distance telephone charges not covered by Owners long distance plan.
11. Assignment and Subletting. Guest shall not assign this lease or sublet all or any portion of the premises without first obtaining Agent’s prior written consent.
12. Agent’s Entry. Upon reasonable advance notice, Guest shall make the premises available during normal business hours to Agent for the purpose of entering (a) to make necessary repairs, decorations, alterations or improvements or to supply agreed upon services, (b) to show the premises to prospective or actual purchasers, lenders or tenants and (c) workmen or contractors in the case of an emergency.
13. Location of Premises. If for any reason the premises become unavailable, Agent may substitute with a comparable unit or offer Guest refund.
14. Shortened Stays. Guest shall not receive rent refunds in the event Guest’s stay is shortened
15. Fees and Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. California shall have personal jurisdiction over the parties hereto and shall be the forum for any legal action brought in relation to this Agreement. In the event any legal proceeding is commenced by either party relating to this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its attorney’s fees.
16. No Liability. Guest agrees to hold Owner and Agents free and clear of any damages to self or property resulting from accident, injury or loss due to rain, sun, flood, negligence, defective construction, fire, theft, natural disaster, or any other reason. Guest’s personal property is not insured by Agent or Homeowner.
17. Joint and Several Liability. Should more than one person execute this Agreement, all such persons shall be jointly and severally liable for all of the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement.