|Queen Bed||2 Twin Lower Bunks||2 Twin Upper Bunks|
|Hair Dryer||Shampoo and Conditioner||Soap / Body Wash|
|Large Fridge with Freezer||Coffee Maker||Dishwasher|
|Coffee Grinder||Dishes, Glasses & Cutlery (matching)||Drying Rack|
|Eating Bar||Popcorn Maker||Pots & Pans|
|Dish cloths/towels||Dishwasher soap||Dry goods|
|Garbage bags||Paper towels & plastic/foil wrap||Basic spices|
|Waffle Iron||Tap Water|
|2 Patio Chairs||Balcony|
|Reclining Leather Chair||8 Dining Chairs||Log Fireplace|
|2 Sofa/Couches||Coffee Table||Dining Table|
|End Table||Dining Bench||Bookcase|
|Foot Stool||4 Bar Stools||CD Player|
|Radio||Board Games||Deck of Cards|
|Queen Bed||Twin Lower Bunk||Twin Upper Bunk|
|3 Night Tables||Alarm Clock||Dresser|
|Lounge Chair||Ottoman||DVD Player with DVD movies|
|VCR with movies|
No results found within a 50 kilometer radius
Retrieving nearby properties...please wait...
OwnerDirect.com has no control over search results. To have Google correct an error, use "Report a map error" in the bottom right of the map. For better results, provide more words within quotes, such as "ABC International Airport".
|Rating: 4 / 5||Big White Ski Weekend||28 Feb 2016|
First off, we had a great time on our first visit to Big White. Kind of reminded me of Whistler, only on a smaller and more intimate scale, everyone was SO friendly. We were really happy overall with our stay during President's weekend in Feb. Our host was super easy to work with, and we had absolutely no problems at all in terms of logistics- all of the instructions were very clear. She was very responsive, and it was clear that this was a home that they took very good care of. This place has mostly pros:
1. Even though it says it is a one bedroom with a loft, it sleeps 10 comfortably. And I mean comfortably! There are soft flannel sheets, and the mattresses are comfy, really nice after a long day on the slopes. The one bedroom has 2 sets of twin bunks as well as a queen (yes, it all fits in there). The loft area has a queen with an additional bunk bed. This is really unusual for what is essentially a 2 bedroom place to find all of these beds, and the setup is such that it could easily fit 2 families.
2. The view! Unobstructed views were breathtaking, and there was a veranda to enjoy it (although we didn't venture out.)
3. There was plenty of space, and it didn't feel cramped at all. The dining room table is huge, and there is ample room at the entry way for coats, ski equipment, and boots.
4. Parking is secured underground for one space, and there is additional space for other vehicles as well. It's on the outside of the unit, but it is right next to the building. If it does snow though, it could be difficult to get out from under the snow.
5. This place felt like a home. That is, it was not a sterile hotel room. There were objects in the unit that were clearly well loved, and the cupboards and shelves were filled with all sorts of books and games. My 3 year old daughter loved discovering all of the toys and knick knacks and the adults spent one night completing a puzzle and drinking wine. Pretty relaxing.
6. It was clean, and had all of the amenities of a hotel room, i.e.: soaps, lotions, and lots and lots of towels. The kitchen was also the best stocked that I had ever seen at a vacation rental. I would hardly think that one would run out of dishes here.
7. It was only 5 minutes to the village by foot-great location. It was totally doable to walk down to the village in ski boots, but there is a ski-in, ski-out trail out back. It is a blue run though, so this may not be appropriate for novices. Also, the run doesn't take you into the village, it takes you to the bottom of the mountain, so you have to take a lift back up to the village. Because of this, we just walked down in the morning.
8. Great WiFi, worked the whole time.
1. There is only 1 bathroom, which was no big deal for us, but if there are indeed 10 people, it might be a little bit of an issue. Also, the shower is kind of interesting. It was huge, but it is enclosed in a sauna-like enclosure, and the floor has a somewhat uncomfortable plastic mat. I would have liked to have brought some shower shoes. There is no tub if you have kids that like to take baths.
2. There is no TV on the main level. Admittedly, this is may be a good thing on vacation, since the whole point is probably to spend time together as a family, and not be drooling in front of the idiot box. However, it would have been nice to watch the news in the morning and be able to watch a movie with everyone together downstairs. There is a TV upstairs in the loft though.
3. The loft stairs are steep. It is almost a ladder. Again, no big deal, but if you have small children, this is something to note. We just stuck a big suitcase in front of it to block it off and supervised any trips up and down.
All in all, this was a great place, and other than the small cons above, I would have given it 5 stars. I would recommend to anyone looking to stay here, and we would definitely stay again. Thank you so much for a great vacation!
|Stayed with family - Recommended to friends and family|