6 Outdoor/Open parking stalls with unlimited clearance
Heating & Air Conditioning
The internet connection is a service dedicated to the property (cable connection from modem).
|Hair Dryer||Soap / Body Wash||Towels (matching)
|Regular Stall Shower||Toilet||Soap / Body Wash
|Towels (matching)||12 Patio Chairs||2 Patio Tables
|4 Chaise Lounges||Terraces||Grass/Lawn
|Iron & Ironing Board||Washer Only||
|Laptop Computer||Stereo System ||Medium Fridge with Freezer (including ice maker)
|Coffee Maker||Gas Range||Hot Plate
|Kettle||Oven - Stove||Toaster
|Bakeware||Dishes, Glasses & Cutlery (matching)||Drying Rack
|Espresso Maker||Griddle||Pots & Pans
|Log Fireplace ||2 Sofa/Couches||
|6 Traditional Chairs||Wood Stove ||2 Sofa/Couches
|2 Kitchen Tables||Laptop Computer||Fax Machine
Base Occupants 6 - Max Occupants 6
- Last updated on February 22, 2017
Nightly Rates - Rates last updated on December 14, 2016
||Nightly Rate Range
|Dec 23 to Jan 9 Min Stay 4 nights
|Jan 10 to Mar 18 Min Stay 4 nights
|Mar 19 to May 31 Min Stay 4 nights
|Jun 1 to Sep 30 Min Stay 4 nights
|Oct 1 to Oct 31 Min Stay 4 nights
|Nov 1 to Dec 22 Min Stay 4 nights
||Nightly Rate Range
|Dec 23 to Jan 9 Min Stay 4 nights
|Jan 10 to Feb 23 Min Stay 4 nights
All Owner Direct guest reviews posted are verified and confirmed individually by Owner Direct Vacation Rentals staff.
This property has no reviews yet.
- This property owner/manager has been registered with Owner Direct since Jan 07, 2012.
- This owner / manager has completed 1 successful bookings in total for all their properties through Owner Direct.com
- The availability for this property was last updated on Feb 22, 2017
- The rates for this property were last updated on Dec 14, 2016
- This owner's contact information has been verified by Owner Direct and past guests.
OwnerDirect.com - Superior Full Service
- You're never alone with Owner Direct. Friendly service coast to coast available every day of the year.
- You immediately know the price for your requested dates/occupants.
- More photos (with descriptive captions) per property.
- Extensive information is provided for every property, always in the same format, to save you time
- We answer all of your questions quickly with our very comprehensive site and responsive customer service.
- We offer a 24 hr grace period for both parties to communicate and confirm all details of a booking.
Web Directories - Our Competitors
- A lot of your time is wasted filling out forms and waiting for replies from multiple vacation rental owners. Many busy owners never reply.
- The price shown always changes, you have to calculate it yourself and often changes once you communicate with the owner.
- Most owners do not take the time to provide complete information on listings, so you waste time having to ask questions and wait for responses.
- In a nutshell, "Web Directories" are cumbersome and time consuming, and if you have a problem, you are on your own.
House from East
House from West
House on the Right
Le Capanne Di Sopra and Montefollonico Village
Le Capanne Di Sopra- from Western Hill
Over Montepulciano Valley
House on the Left
Entry and Parking
Side Terrace Towards Montepulciano
Lounge and Steps to the Kitchen
Bathroom with Tub
Plan Ground Floor
Plan Upper Floor
Panorama Towards Montepulciano
Sleeps six, over 972 square feet. Restored in 1990, it is the result of successive works on the original tower dating back to 17th century.
Tucked into the hillside, with perfect views across to Montepulciano, the house is set over two levels. On the ground floor, a lounge with fireplace forms the centre of the house. From here you have access to the three bedrooms: one double, and two twins. One of these has en-suite bathroom with shower. The other bathroom has a bath tub.
Wooden stairs lead to the upper floor, where there is a large kitchen/dining room with a fireplace for barbecues. Access to the kitchen is also through a terrace equipped with iron chairs and table.
Another terrace, shaded by a pair of old oaks, looks over the valley. Throughout, the house has period furniture from the owner's family. Central heating, and sun loungers in the garden.
Farm Capanne di Sopra is located 1.2 kms from the hamlet of Montefollonico, in a quiet setting which enjoys the unmatched skyline of Montepulciano, with its masterpiece temple of San Biagio, Val d’Orcia's hilly border and top of Mount Amiata.
The property is situated on a slope at 450 meters of altitude, covering a 5 hectars hilly surface, with an olive grove and a small vineyard, which give an “extravergine” olive oil, and a Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG red wine.
The two stone farmhouses of the property -six sleeping places each- have been restored in accordance with Tuscan traditions, and carefully furnished with owner's family pieces. The two houses, although closed one another, are independent and assure absolutely privacy to residents. The houses are fully equipped for six: in the kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms. Barbecues in the kitchen (wood is available). The houses have: drinkable water from public utility, instant hot water, mobile telephone, washing machines and central heating. Baby cots and high chairs. There are a number of sun chairs and iron made chairs and table to dine outside. A USB key is available for Internet access ( 3G Network).
To preserve the character of the site, the owners chose not to build any swimming pool. In any city nearby there is a public swimming pool.
Some 400 meters from the paved road, the site remains secluded while accessible only via a private driveway, ensuring that you'll be staying undisturbed, in the midst of olive groves, vineyards and woods. Parking area at the entrance of the property.
Historical and cultural sites nearby include Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Cortona, Chiusi, Monte San Savino, Siena, Arezzo, Perugia and Lake Trasimeno which are all within 75 minutes drive. The thermal spas and bathing at Chianciano, Bagno Vignoni, Bagni San Filippo and Rapolano are no more than half an hour's drive away. There are three swimming pools within 10 kilometers and tennis courts, horseback riding and mountain biking are nearby.