ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIME: Arrival time (check-in) shall not be earlier than 3 p.m. on the Start Date. Departure time (check-out) shall not be later than 11 a.m. on the End Date.
UPON BOOKING: Minimum of 25% of rent, plus associated cleaning and other fees.
RENT: Balance due no later than 30 days prior to arrival.
1. Upon execution of this Lease, Landlord will reserve the Premises for your use during the stated Term. Rent payments will not be refunded in the event you are unable to occupy the Premises through no fault of Landlord.
2. Use. The Premises must be used to live in only and for no other reason. Only a party signing this Lease, spouse, friends and children of that party may use the Premises. Maximum occupancy is 12 (twelve), including infants.
4. Failure to give possession. Landlord will not be liable for failure to give Tenant possession on the Start Date. Rent will be payable as stated in this Lease unless Landlord is unable to give possession; and in that case Rent will be prorated from date when possession is available and Landlord will notify Tenant as to the date possession is available. The End Date will not change.
5. Notices. Any bill, statement, or notice must be in writing and delivered by electronic mail or certified mail to Tenant at the Address for Notices and to Landlord at the Address for Notices. It will be considered delivered on the day sent or mailed.
6. Premises “As Is”. The Premises and all furniture and other furnishings are accepted “as is” by Tenant.
7. Care of Premises. Tenant will keep the Premises and grounds in the same condition in which it was found, reasonable wear and tear excepted. On the End Date Tenant will return the Premises and all appliances, equipment, furniture, furnishings, and other personal property clean and in good order and repair. Vehicles may be driven or parked only in driveways or parking area. If Tenant defaults, Landlord has the right to make repairs and charge Tenant the cost.
8. Fire, damage. Tenant must give Landlord immediate notice in case of fire or other damage to the Premises. Landlord will have the right to repair the damage within a reasonable time or cancel this Lease.
9. Liability. Landlord is not liable for loss, expense, or damage to any person or property unless it is due to Landlord’s negligence. Tenant must pay for damages suffered and money spent by Landlord relating to any claim arising from any act or neglect of Tenant. Tenant is responsible for all acts of Tenant’s family, employees, guests, and invitees.
10. Assignment, sublet. Tenant may not sublet all or part of the Premises or assign this Lease or permit any other person to use the Premises.
11. Landlord may enter, keys, signs. Landlord may at reasonable times enter the Premises to examine, to make repairs or alterations, and to show it to possible buyers, lenders, or tenants. Doors and windows must be locked when Tenant is out.
12. Compliance with authorities. Tenant must, at Tenant’s cost, promptly comply with all laws, orders, rules, and directions of all governmental authorities, property owners associations, insurance carriers, or Board of Fire Underwriters or similar group. Tenant may not do anything which may increase Landlord’s insurance premiums.
13. Waiver of jury, counterclaim, set off. Landlord and Tenant waive trial by a jury in any matter which comes up between the parties under or because of this Lease. In a proceeding to get possession of the Premises, Tenant will not have the right to make a counterclaim or set off.
14. Instructions. Landlord has given or may give written or electronic instructions about the care and use of the appliances, equipment, and other personal property on the Premises. Tenant must obey the instructions.
15. Unenforceability. If any part of this Lease is unenforceable, the rest of the Lease will be unaffected.
16. Laws. This Lease shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
17. No waiver. Landlord’s failure to enforce any term of this Lease on one occasion will not prevent Landlord from enforcing such term of at a later time.
18. Quiet enjoyment. Landlord agrees that if Tenant pays the Rent and is not in default under this Lease, Tenant may peaceably and quietly have, hold, and enjoy the Premises for the term of this Lease.
19. Successors. This Lease is binding on the parties hereto, their heirs, successors and/or assigns.
20. Representations, changes in Lease. Tenant has read this Lease. All promises made by Landlord are set forth in this Lease. This Lease may be changed only by an agreement in writing signed by each party.
21. Paragraph headings. The Paragraph headings are for convenience only.
22. Rental Agreement. By utilizing a rental agreement as part of the Reservation Services or otherwise displaying terms relating to the rental as part of the online booking process (including such terms that we may require), the tenant and landlord each agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the rental agreement or other such terms displayed in the booking process (including without limitation the cancellation refund policy) effective as of the date that the user indicates acceptance of the booking or rental agreement, as applicable.
23. Hold Harmless. Tenant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Landlord from and against all liability, loss, or damage, from any claims, demands, payments, suits, actions, recoveries and judgments of every nature, including but not limited to environmental, and description brought or recovered against it, including reasonable attorneys’ fees by reason of any act or conduct, including negligence, omission, tortuous act, willfulness conduct or otherwise of Tenant its agents, representatives, or employees arising out of the participation by Landlord in the use of the premises and waterfront pursuant to the Rental Agreement/Lease of Vacation Property.
SPECIAL FEATURES, CONDITIONS, OR RESTRICTIONS PERTAINING TO THIS PROPERTY:
1. Gold Ski Pass: One complimentary, daily, ski pass good for gore/whiteface is available for your use during your stay. The gold ski pass is hanging up on lanyard on the fridge. Take the pass to gore or whiteface ticket counter and they will issue you a day ski pass, for each full day of your stay. The pass must be placed back on the refrigerator upon checkout or you will be charged $100 per day until returned and /or replaced.
2. Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the house including all of the porches and decks or on the premises. Do not dispose of butts on the property.
3. Maximum occupancy (12) twelve people. Visitors and overnight guests, in addition to guests listed are not permitted.
4. Landlord is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises and its facilities.
5. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
6. Guests are expected to keep all furnishings in good order and in the rooms in which they are located upon arrival.
7. Only use appliances for their intended use. Any questions about proper use of appliances, or any issues with appliances, should be directed to property manager.
8. As agreed at the time of booking, no pets are allowed on the property. Evidence of pets during and you will be asked to leave and forfeit balance of rent.
9. The parking area is for cars. No commercial trucks, buses, recreational vehicles or trailers are permitted to park on the property. There is no parking permitted on the grass in the back yard. The septic system is located there and the weight of a vehicle may damage the system. If you have any questions, please contact the property manager.
10. The house has town water but not town sewer. It has its own septic system which is very effective. however, it will clog up if improper materials are placed in sink drains or flushed down the toilet. Each toilet has a note on it to only use toilet paper. This means no feminine products of any kind, no cotton swabs, diapers, facial tissue or baby wipes. No exceptions. A clogged system during your stay can result in a shortened stay, or at the very least, an uncomfortable stay. Evidence of improper material in the septic system causing a clog will result in charges of the full amount of the damages. Cooking oil should not be thrown out on the property or into the sink. Wait for the oil to cool and then place it in an empty plastic bottle and into the trash.
11. The garage may be used as a means of ingress and egress on foot only. Guests vehicles are not permitted in the garage and may be parked and driven only in the driveway or parking areas.
12. For our guests’ safety, everything located in the garage is not to be touched and is off limits. We want to make it easy for you to get to your car by giving access through the garage. Please don’t ruin it for everyone by ignoring these rules.
13. The use of the fire pit located on the premises is strictly at your own risk. The use of lighter fluid or any other accelerant is prohibited.
14. If, during your stay, there is rain or a forecast for rain, please close the windows. There is no protection from water splashing up from the roof and into the windows. Air conditioners are provided for your comfort in the event of rain.
15. If during your stay, there is snow, we have contracted with a snow removal professional to remove snow from the driveway and walkway. Please contact us if you have any concerns regarding snow removal.
16. If there is an alarm, smoke or fire, please dial 911 and leave the house immediately. Your safety is most important.
17. If you have any questions regarding anything contained in this agreement, please contact the property manager. If there is something we have not covered that you have a question or concern about, please contact the property manager. Sometimes a quick phone call, text or email can clear up an issue that may disrupt your stay. We don’t want that to happen. We are here to help and we want our guests to have a good time and no worries.
18. There are three containers for recyclables in the mudroom that we ask you to use. Additionally, there are cans in the garage for regular trash.
19. While we appreciate that you may have some left-over food which you don’t want to keep, we ask that you remove all the food you arrived with before your departure. We also ask that you remove all trash from all waste baskets and place them in the trash cans in the garage.
20. Cleaners will come in after your departure and clean the home for the next guests.
21. Finally, if you loved your stay, please tell others. If you didn’t, please tell us. The ultimate compliment is when our guests plan to come and stay with us again. The ultimate referral is our guests’ friends and family booking together because they heard great things from our prior guests.