Annual Events in Vernon, BC
Vernon Winter Carnival
The Vernon Winter Carnival is a 10-day event held that has been celebrating the winter season for over 50 years. Every February, carnival-goers can take in dozens and dozens of events, including a parade, sleigh rides, snow and ice sculpture competitions, a stock car derby on ice, polar bear swim and much more. Check out Vernon Winter Carnival
for more details.
Okanagan Spring Wine Festival
The Spring Wine Festival is an annual event that takes place over a 10 day span during Spring. The festival offers over 100 events taking place throughout the Okanagan.
One of Western Canada's largest craft sales occurs annually at the Vernon Rec Centre. With over 200 artisans and crafters in three buildings, a food fair, performances and activities this three day fair should not be missed.
Okanagan Summer Wine Festival
This annual event takes place during July at various Okanagan venues. Events include live music, several wine tasting opportunities, dinners, visual art exhibitions and more.
Everything going on in the Okanagan, including all events in the South Okanagan, can Silver Star Resort
- 22 km (14 miles) from Vernon to Silver Star and
65 km (40 miles) from Kelowna Airport to Silver Star
- We offer the ultimate Canadian winter experience with superb ski-in ski-out accommodation and 7 meters of 100% natural snow each winter. Our variety of terrain featuring 115 marked trails, a progressive park and the renowned backside, make Silver Star the ideal destination for everyone, from beginners to adrenalin junkies.
- Offers 18 distinct and marked bike trails
4 hiking only trails and 2 multi-use trails serviced by 2 summer chair lifts. Enjoy mountain biking or hiking all spring, summer and fall.
Okanagan Science Centre
- is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to " inspire scientific inquiry through dynamic and interactive learning experiences; to encourage all ages to appreciate the relevance and universality of science, and its application in our region."
Allan Brooks Nature Center
- Minutes from downtown Vernon or Highway 97, visitors leave the traffic and city behind to experience the diverse nature of the North Okanagan at the award winning Allan Brooks Nature Centre. The breathtaking view surrounding this ridgetop location is a perfect introduction to the diverse nature of the North Okanagan.
Golfing near Vernon, BC
- Designed by the architect behind three of Score Magazine's top five courses in Canada, this is Doug Carrick's signature 18. To play The Ridge Course is to earn serious bragging rights. Defined by breathtaking views of Lake Okanagan, dramatic elevation changes and beautiful granite outcroppings, The Ridge Course is challenging and scenic. A true must-play.
Coldstream Golf Course
- Located in the beautiful North Okanagan Valley along Duteau Creek.
Hillview Golf Course
- This executive course will challenge all levels of golfers with a varied mid-length course that may require every club. The landscaping adds to the challenge and scenic surroundings with a creek that meanders through the holes and feeds eight lakes on course.
The Rise Golf Club
- Set at an elevation of 400 meters above the Okanagan Lake in the community of The Rise, this golf course is a product of a ten-year partnership between legendary golf course designer Gene Bates and popular player Freddy Couples.
Spallumcheen Golf & Country Club
- With a backdrop of the mountains and hillsides of Okanagan, this championship course incorporates 62 bunkers, 10 water holes, a creek and many strategically placed trees to make it a challenge for even the most seasoned golfer.
Vernon Golf & Country Club
- Established in 1913, this centre has an 18-hole, par-72 championship course.