Terms and Conditions of Occupancy (“Terms & Conditions”)
Please read these Terms & Conditions thoroughly. They constitute the valid and binding agreement between guest and the Property Manager (“PM”) related to the rental of the selected vacation property (the “rental unit”). The tender of any funds by guest to PM for occupancy of the rental unit confirms the acceptance by guest of these Terms & Conditions. It is the responsibility of the guest to be familiar with all policies set forth herein.
1. Reservation Requirements: Reservations are not considered “guaranteed” until payment of % of the total rental fee including tax, plus 100% of processing fees, insurance and cleaning fees, security deposit, or any additional items, are received by PM. The remainder is due no less than  days prior to arrival date to secure the rental unit (the “Final Payment Deadline”). Reservations booked  days or less prior to arrival date will require payment in full on reservation date. If guest would like the payment to be charged to any other credit card, other than the one on file, or there are no valid credit cards on file, then it is the guest’s responsibility to call or send in the payment prior to the 30 days. PM will automatically charge the credit card on file if no other arrangements are made by guest prior to the Final Payment Deadline. If payment in full is not received by PM prior to the Final Payment Deadline, the reservation will be subject to cancellation without refund.
2. Accepted Forms of Payment: All rates quoted by PM are amounts payable by cash, check, money order, or credit card in U.S. funds. PM accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover cards. All non-U.S. Bank Drafts and checks are subject to collection and processing fees. To avoid excessive bank fees, we suggest obtaining drafts on U.S. banks.
3. Security Deposit: A security deposit is required at time of reservation and is $100 per night. The security deposit must be paid by credit card or in the form of personal check drawn on a U. S. Bank with a valid driver’s license. This security deposit will be returned within 30 days of the departure date, provided proper check-out procedures are followed, and there is no breakage or damage to the rental unit.
4. Confirmation of reservation(s): Confirmation of the reservation will be emailed, faxed, or mailed to guest upon receipt of the reservation advance payment. Guests may also print confirmation from PM’s website after payment. Please read the confirmation for accuracy of dates, mailing address, number of adults and/or children and accommodations. Any errors must be directed to the reservations department immediately.
5. No Shows. Late Arrivals, Early Departures: All no shows, late arrivals, and early departures will be charge the full amount of the reservation fee.
6. Refund Policy: Neither PM nor the property owner can guarantee against mechanical failure of heating, air conditioning, hot tubs, TVs, satellite receivers, VCRs, or other appliances. Please report any inoperative equipment to our office immediately. PM will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently. No refunds or rent reductions will be made due to failure of appliances or equipment. No refunds for early departures. No refunds will be given for delayed arrival. No refunds for reducing the number of nights reserved.
7. Community Rules and Regulations: Each rental unit is subject to certain covenants, conditions, restrictions, rules and regulations (collectively, “Rules and Regulations”) of the homeowners association of which it is a part. Such Rules and Regulations are incorporated into these Terms & Conditions by this reference and are binding upon all guests. Rules and Regulations that apply to guest’s rental unit will be made available to guest at check-in or may be requested prior to occupancy.
8. Acts of God: Neither PM nor the property owner shall be liable for events beyond its control which may interfere with guest’s occupancy including but not limited to acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, or inclement weather. NO REBATE OR REFUND will be offered in these circumstances.
9. Construction: The area in which the rental unit is located under continuing development, and we cannot predict when or where new construction will begin. PM has no control in these situations, and cannot move or offer refunds on confirmed reservations if construction occurs near the rental unit.
10. Age Requirements: Guests under the age of 21 unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian will not be permitted to register and will lose all funds paid to PM. Any reservations made under false pretenses will result in loss of advance payments and possible removal of guest from rental unit.
11. Administrative Reservation/ Processing Fee: All reservations are subject to an administrative processing fee of $ plus applicable taxes.
12. Reservation Change Fee: All reservations that need date and/or property changes are subject to a non-refundable $ rescheduling fee per change. All changes must be made no less than  days prior to your arrival date.
13. Check-In/Check-Out Times: CHECK-IN TIME is after [4:00] p.m. Keys and key codes are NOT available until the rental unit is ready for occupancy. No exceptions to this policy will be made. Early check-ins and late check-outs will incur an additional fee of $50 and can be arranged with PM if available in connection with existing reservations. PM will use reasonable efforts to have the rental unit ready for occupancy at check-in time, but PM cannot guarantee the exact time of occupancy. Please call in advance if you may be arriving after [5:00] p.m. so arrangements can be made for guest property keys to be picked up. CHECK-OUT TIME is before [11:00] a.m. Check-out takes place at the clubhouse, or via express check-out, and is strictly enforced so that PM has adequate time to prepare the property for the next guest. Please return keys to the front desk before leaving if you haven’t scheduled for express check-out. Guests that do not vacate the rental unit and return the keys by [11:00] a.m. without the consent of PM are subject to a fee equal to one (1) rental day.
14. Maximum Occupancy: At all times, the maximum occupancy is the number the home sleeps, including infants. Occupancy limits are in accordance with rules of the State Fire Marshall’s Office. Sleeping limits shows as (for instance) “sleeps 6”. Guests and visitors must be pre-approved by PM in advance. Each child counts as one guest. [For approved additional guests (over 4 years of age), guest will be charged $15.00 per night per guest. There is no charge for children 4 years of age or under.] If you bring in extra guests or visitors without prior approval and payment, all guests may be required to vacate the rental unit, and any security deposit and all rent will be subject to forfeiture.
15. Furnishings: Furnishings are subject to change without notice. Furniture, bedding, mattress pads, utensils or any other property supplied with the rental unit must not be taken out or transferred from one property to another. Loss of these items, as well as damage to the property or furnishings in excess of normal wear will be charged to guests.
16. Items Guests Must Provide: Any personal articles, any food and drink items, coffee filters, paper towels, napkins, foil, favorite pillow, videos, and a good book. Extra towels for pool and spa usage are suggested. Towels located inside the rental unit are not to leave the unit at any time for use in the community pool or elsewhere.
17. Linens: A basic supply of linen is provided in each property. Bed linen and bath towels are not changed during your stay. You can request to have additional cleaning of rental unit including dirty linen at any point during your stay for an additional cleaning fee at the current standard rate. The startup set of bath soap, toilet tissue, paper towels and trash bags are not replenished.
18. Rental Assignment Change: PM reserves the right to change rental assignments without prior notice or liability in the event of a sale of the rental unit, or if the unit becomes unavailable. When comparable accommodations are not available, guests will have the option of selecting from available properties or receiving a complete refund.
19. Pets and Smoking: Guest acknowledges that NO PETS AND NO SMOKING are allowed in or on the rental unit IMPORTANT: Unauthorized occupancy of pets or smoking in the unit will result in a $ fine, immediate removal from the rental unit and loss of all rents and security deposit.
20. Pest Control: Many different pests live in this region. Your unit has been professionally treated by a commercial pest control company with precise and complete preventative treatments in an effort to keep all the pests and bugs outside. Should you experience a pest control issue, please contact guest services so PM may make arrangements to resolve the problem.
21. Listings and Pricing: PM has taken great effort to ensure the information in our brochures, website and all of our printed material is accurate. We cannot be held responsible for errors, omissions, or change in prices. All rental units are privately owned and their furnishings vary and may change from time to time depending upon the property owner’s taste. As such, PM cannot guarantee the presence of particular listed furnishings.
22. Indemnification and Hold Harmless: Guest agrees to indemnify and hold PM, its employees, and the property owner harmless for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with guest’s use and occupancy of the rental unit including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by guest.
23. Violation of Agreement: If guest violates any of these Terms & Conditions, PM may terminate guest’s right to occupy the rental unit. Upon notice of termination of such right of occupancy, guest shall immediately vacate the rental unit and shall forfeit all rents and security deposits.
24. Credit Card Agreement: Guest is providing his or her credit card number as a guarantee of payment to PM. Guest agrees to pay all rent and charges related to property rental. Guest accepts all of the Terms & Conditions and accepts all liability for rent and charges related to rental of the rental unit, as well as any damage beyond normal wear and tear during the term of guest’s occupancy of the rental unit. Guest understands that these costs will be charged to his or her credit card. In the absence of another payment arrangement, guest authorizes PM to charge guest’s credit card for payment of these items. PM may use any funds received from guest upon PM’s receipt of such funds. Credit card authorization privileges cannot be revoked and will not be terminated by PM until 90 days after the completion of reserved stay.
25. Lost and Found: PM will not be responsible for guest’s personal property left behind or lost during stay. If PM is able to find an item left behind PM is willing to ship it to the registered guest upon request. Shipping charges will be charged to the guest once we are given a valid credit card number. Items unclaimed will be held for a maximum of  days at which time the PM reserves the right to dispose of or may elect to donate the item(s) to a local charity.
26. Cleaning: The cleaning fee [paid at time of reservation] is to cover normal cleaning of the rental unit. Renters are required to leave the rental unit in the same general condition as it was found at check-in. Additionally, we ask that you remove used sheets and pillowcases from the beds along with used towels and place them in the laundry room. Complete one load of laundry leaving the finished load in the dryer. All soiled dishes need to be placed in the dishwasher with the dishwasher started. Trash will need to be taken out of the unit and placed in the designated trash receptacle for each rental unit. If you do not follow the above procedures, PM may charge you an excessive cleaning fee. Excessive cleaning can also be for any of, but not limited to, the following reasons: dirty dishes, any ‘leftovers’ or perishable food items left in unit, trash not placed in its appropriate receptacle, furniture is not found in the same location as it was found, and soiled ovens; if you spill something please be sure to clean it up. Our vacation rentals should be fully equipped with all materials you will need for the above requirements. In addition, please lock all doors and windows to the unit when leaving. Please call PM should you have any questions.